CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 2

This week's meal turned out great! It seemed a lot simpler than the recipes from Day 1. I still wasn't able to do it in 30 minutes, but I'm ok with that.
Julie, my sister, came over while I was cooking and took a bunch of pictures. While I was working Danika, my niece, kept turning the kitchen light off. And then laughing. It was quite entertaining.

Ok, the food...
The Super Sloppy Joes were really tasty. I'd never made sloppy joes before and I didn't know that there was brown sugar in them. What a great flavor! Unfortunately I didn't check the rolls I was planning on using and they weren't good anymore. My fault. We had to use sandwich bread which worked, but we didn't try to hold them. That kinda goes against the name of the food. Haha!
(I like how you can see the steam in this picture)

The recipe for the Deviled Potato Salad said to grate the onion. I've never even heard of that, and it is hard to do. It gave the potato salad a really nice strong onion flavor. Yum. My sister told me to rub my hand on my stainless steel sink and it took the smell off my hand. Amazing.

Here is the entire meal.

After a while we had the Root Beer Floats.
Awww, I love root beer floats.

I think the meal turned out really well. And I'm looking forward to eating the leftovers in the next few days. :o)

Until next week!

2 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

What a great idea for a blog! Would love to go through a Rachael Ray book someday.

mary grace said...

very fun! sounds like you guys had an amazing meal :) i'll have to try that trick with getting the onion smell off of my hands -- it kills me every time :)

Post a Comment