CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Preview to Day 1

Just went grocery shopping for the ingredients I will need tomorrow night when I cook. I totally talk to myself when I’m shopping. I laughed at myself a few times. I had to call my mom to ask a few questions. Are scallions the same as green onions? Yup! I thought they were, but I didn’t want to get the wrong thing. :o) I had to ask the guy in the meat department about the ground sirloin I was supposed to get. I felt a little funny, but once again I was glad I asked. He was just restocking it. If I hadn’t have asked I would have ended up with ground beef, which is not the same thing. This might be basic for some people, but I had no idea. Now I know, which is one of the reasons why I am going through this cookbook. Already it is paying off and I haven’t even cooked anything yet!!

So here is what I am making tomorrow night (Friday...It took me a little while to post this).

Sirloin Burgers with Mushrooms, Swiss and Balsamic Mayo (Just realized I forgot to get the swiss)

Thick-Cut O-Rings and Spicy Dipping Sauce

NY Egg Creams

This menu says to make the NY Egg Creams or Black and White Shakes. I opted for the Creams because I don’t have a blender.

The only part I’m a little skeptical about are the mushrooms. I don’t mind mushrooms, but they aren’t my favorite. My sister is coming over to eat with me and I told her she had to try the mushrooms. (She hates them) I’m so mean.

Well, hopefully by Saturday you will hear all about how it went on Day 1. I’m excited and feeling hungry already. :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment